Tuesday, December 1, 2009

How to cure my computer? Magic.

(Backstory: my computer just crashed while I was using it - as if the battery had died; except the battery couldn't be dead, the computer was plugged into the wall. It wasn't even using battery power! Even when I switched wall sockets, the little charging light wouldn't come on, so I assumed that my computer was FUBAR. Uh oh. ... ... ... The next day in class I tried my cord/computer again - no dice. So, I grabbed the girl-sitting-next-to-me's cord, plugged it in, and started my computer; HOOWAH! It had to be the cord that was broken... I can just get a new one from ITS.)


So I brought my suitcase-sized wundermachine to ITS yesterday and explained to them that I had a broken power cord...

"You'll have to go over to the Ram Shop and buy a new one."

So I asked: "Could you have a look at it? I just had to replace the battery and this thing's only a year and a half old."

Which was the polite way of saying: "I just replaced the [censored] battery for this hastily made piece of [censored]!!!! Now you want me to go buy another [censored] part?!?!?!? Are you purposely trying to [censored] me?"

So this wonderful little brown-haired wizard lady took my computer, whipped the battery out, unplugged the thing, said three magic words/sacrificed a chicken/put on one of those creepy Tom Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut masks and BLAM-O! the computer and charger works perfectly. Apparently it happens all the time; the computer stops recognizing it's own charger and needs to be reset.

I hate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment